12 fun pet facts
We love to learn quirky things about our pets. It’s been a good day when we get home and start a sentence with: did you know…? Here at Preloved with have gathered 12 interesting facts about our furry friends.
- Many hamsters only blink one eye at a time.
- Tarantulas can regenerate lost legs when they go through a molt.
- Male puppies will often let female puppies win when playing.
- No two dog noses are the same. They are the equivalent to our fingerprints.
- It takes about 60 bones to make the shell of a turtle.
- Horses use their ears to communicate with their peers. They use ear direction to indicate something worth paying attention to.
- Goldfish don’t have stomachs! Different parts of their intestines do the job a stomach would normally do.
- When a guinea pig is excited, normally around food time, they popcorn – aka jump around landing on all fours.
- Cats only meow to humans.
- Rabbit Island in Japan has fearless rabbits who do not bolt at the sight of humans. This is probably due to the fact that there are no predators on the island and so don’t have to flee.
- All dogs are descendants from the Tomarctus.
- Hamster pouches extend to their hips! That is how they can stash so much food.